Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Calais and Beyond

Life is tough, vacationing on a secluded island for a week. 

 Even with a total removal from the real world, I can't keep the Green Mountain Points Series out of my mind. So, Circle Three is happy to bring you a first in the Vermont disc golf community. Scott “Mooltahn” Moultan is contributing to the blog as our first ever field correspondent. His thoughts from Calais are included below.

The weather was amazing! Best yet this year.
The smack talking was pretty intense not only on the blogs prior but all the way to the very end. This sport is not lacking in straight up shit talking.

No doubt. From what I can see the smack talk didn't end after the tournament either. Before we get to all that though, Scott's going to tell you about the general feel of the day from his perspective.

I was real lucky and landed on a really cool card for the 1st round- it was Myself, Ira Divolli & Murray Junod.  Miza, Zabawa and I all threw a 76 on the first round so we were the totally tied 3rd card (ouch)-Hurt my feelings but probably helped my game in the long run- I’m trying to focus in on “my flick”.
I heard about a lot of circled #’s- I think I can account for about 4 circled #’s for the day- The “Calais Roll” also added a few strokes for me on the day. I gotta say this though—Calais is so badass! 

Scott tells it like it is, that's for sure.

According to the results, Chris Young had the first round lead. I think he's starting to see how hard it is to be in first place, though. Everyone's gunning for you all day long. Brock was also in striking distance after the first round. Despite my predictions, being the tournament director didn't seem to faze Jeff Spring at all.

There was a tie for 3rd here- Both Emmet and Chris played holes 1 & 5 sudden death. They played holes 1 and 5 matching one another- then Chris landed OB in the river on hole 1 (2nd time around) going for it.

The Frothecy came back as well, holding on to second place for the day. That should make for some interesting tightening of the point series.

On Am 1:

Am1:  Twin Falls Posse runs away with this one. I think that Matty held the best 1st round - Jon cleaned it up though second round to take the win.

Twin Falls is killing it this year, I'll agree.

Jon Moorer will soon see what Chris Young is experiencing. The weight of the crown is heavy and it's hard to be in first place sometimes. Matty O. is certainly going to stay close with his second place finish.

I'll let Scott finish things off from here. Thanks to him once again for the contributions.

The funniest conversation I heard all wknd was during the first round b/w Murray, Ira and I.
Remember when Dave declared at the LPO awards ceremony that Murrays new nickname would be Sandypants?
Ira and I were asking him before the round started what he thought about all the heckling he got last week for bailing at LPO- he replied he hadn’t seen any of it yet.
Murray: Really? There was a lot of smack talkin?
Ira/Scott: uhhh Yes- Hell yea- How did you miss it?
Murray: I couldn’t log in to GMDGC blog all week for some reason.  So this morning I went up to Dave Frothingham and told him that I couldn’t log in and I thought my password needed reset or something. Dave said: No! there’s nothing wrong with your passwords- Your using the wrong UserID.
Murray:  I told him I’ve been using the same one all along. You know what he said?.....
(Dave:) Yea well  I changed it to your new UserID…….SandyPants.
Murray: uhhhhhh o.k……..Is my password still the same?

Ace pot…..Jeff Spring takes this one too! Hole #8 no payout though- Suppose he was so busy running shit that he forgot to get in. Oh yea- He was on time! Real early riser that Jeff- I saw him and Paul sharing bacon at the Reg table(aka table of scotch).
I was really impressed with the amount of the all around gratitude that everyone was speaking of the entire tourney.  How could one not completely appreciate that amazing course?
I sucked and left rather than huck the Safari round- I was done for.

I did throw another 42 holes with some of the fellas yesterday @ Waterbury-Man your weren't kidding about that place.....beeeeuatiful right now.
Little heavy on the Am2- but hey….it’s where I was all day.
1 more time: A freaking bagger in Rec takes the day? WTF

No comments:

Post a Comment