Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Young Bucks Predictions Part III

Before we start, I'll let you in on a little secret of writing.  It's called the rule of three.  The theory goes that things are inherently funnier, more interesting, and much more effective when they're done in threes.  You know, a good beginning, middle, and end.  For some reason your brain just loves that kind of thing.  And a guy like Chris Young, he knows it too.  So here we go, Part III in the Young Bucks Predictions. 


Think you're good enough to compete against the best? Are you winning tournaments at the Advanced level? Up for a challenge? Need some extra cash? Well, maybe its time to turn Pro?


This guy's starting to sound like me.  Crazy.  


Here are the YoungBuks 2012 GMPSeries predictions for the Big boys and girls....


He spells Young Bucks differently than I do to.  But, its my website, so the title gets my spelling in it.  

The Pro Masters Divsion: has never really been consistent at any point over the years in the GMPS. Well, 2012 looks to set a trend for years to come, which is competitive DG at the Masters level in Vermont!


I'm not sold, but I'll hear him out.  He's the president.  And he did all this work.  And who knows what he might have to say.  


I have 4 players to look at for 2012 and lets just go ahead and start with a fellow Brattleboro native...


Anne Lewis - Anne's brother, Dave Lewis, is one of my closest friends from WAY back and I am going to give a little edge to her just because of that. No, just kidding. I am giving Anne an edge in the Pro Masters division for several reasons. First, I am a firm believer in the fact that if you play more events you have a huge advantage over your competition. Anne typically competes in most of the GMPS events and that will be a big advantage for her in 2012. Anne is a very smart golfer and knows what it takes to score well. She is one of the best female golfers in the country that has played many,many tournaments on many,many courses and that experience will help her in the Pro Masters division this year. I look for Anne to settle in nicely to the Pro Masters division and I have her in contention for the Title in 2012.

Al Rosa (AlPRO) - The man, the myth, the legend. After many successful years at the Advanced level, Al is up for the challenge. Or is he? It appears to me that all Al needs is a little confidence. Al has hit the road vigorously the past few years competing in the GMPS and the NEFA Points Series. In his Pro rookie season I have Al winning at least 2 Pro Masters events. Al is very mentally strong, plays great golf and will, along with Lewis, make a nice transition into the Pro Masters division. I look for Al,Anne and JRapp to battle until the very end in 2012. 

Josh Rappeport -The third Pro Masters Rookie is JRapp. My Doubles partner since 2009. He gets a little edge because of that. No, just kidding. JRapp, knows the game of golf. He has one of the better mid range games I know. JRapp knows how to keep the disc straight and knows what it takes to win at the Pro Masters level. I have JRapp in a battle this year with Anne Lewis and Al Rosa. All 3 of them know the courses in the Series and I give the edge to the player that plays the most. That one extra win or point could be all the difference. Look for JRapp to settle in nicely with the other new Masters!

Which brings me to my last favorite in the Pro Masters division and a player that has several Pro Masters wins under his belt.....

James Beaulieu - If James plays 7 GMPS events in Pro Masters he wins. He is the 2011 GMPSeries Champ and is without a doubt the more experienced player and competitor. But, if James plays 5 or 6 events it could get interesting. Beaulieu is a Pro golfer. A great guy, a great lefty, powerful,experienced. He brings it all. James  is able to compete at the Pro Open level and is an early season favorite in the 2012 Pro Masters division. I am just not sure how many events he will play and in which Pro division he will select to compete. A bit of a wild card and always a threat is Mr.B!

Pro Grandmasters

This would be the first ever Pro Grand Masters field! Early season rumblings have Todd Sternbach and John Sudarsky playing Pro Grandmaster's. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. The edge will without a doubt go to the player that plays the most events. Seeing a Pro GM field could encourage others to come out of hiding, this is a very difficult division to pick because I have nothing to go on. I would have to give the early season edge to Todd Sternbach, who knows the Vermont courses and plays a very good golf game. If he can make 6 or more events, I believe he is the favorite Pro GM this season.


Chris Mayone could play a wild card if he decided to show up to compete. Chris can play Grandmasters,Masters or Open. He could be a serious spoiler if he played more events in 2012.  I see the Pro Grand Masters division growing in the next few years!


Mayone!  How come he's not mentioned on this site more often?  That's a damn shame.  Mayone, you come out and kick some ass this year and I guarantee I'll give you some good publicity.  


Pro Open


I originally thought I would give some predictions for the Pro Open division. I have decided to leave this division to Circle 3....



Uh oh.


Well, kids, now you're really in for it.  The president of our club came out of no where, dropped his predictions and passed me the baton just as it was getting interesting.  I guess Chris Young knows more about writing than just the rule of threes.  He also knows about leaving a good cliffhanger.




See ya on the course soon!



2 comments:

  1. word on the street is that James B. is moving to pro open this year....and when I say street I mean Pinnacle disc golf course straight from the man himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly someone likes to stir the POT!

      Delete